Sunday, July 3, 2011

Close Encounters

So, right.  I tweeted it, but in case you don't follow me (@DoctorSaxon, in case you didn't know), the Iowa Commune's Session was yesterday.  Or was it today?  I'm losing track.  But anyway.  Since it was a holiday, they decided to try and take us in.

Except no.  "They" isn't the proper word.  More like "he".  Yep, WhiteSuit himself decided to show up, and he brought his Relicblade and his Demented Horror Mask and his damned red eyes.

Yeah, let's not talk about that.

He showed up a little after midnight.  There was a struggle.  Some parts are blurry, some I'd rather not remember, some I can't really believe could happen but have stuck in my memory.  Like, I can swear I saw Jenifer holding a Ring Pop and staring at it dumbfounded.  Pretty dumb, huh?  But I digress.  So basically, Grandpa went at him with Theurgy when he showed up.  And...it was a pretty epic fight, I think.  My memory of it, like I said, is a bit hazy.  But my grandpa can move like a fucking ninja.  Seriously.  If WhiteSuit had been slightly less, y'know, monstrously strong, he wouldn't have had a chance.  As it is, however...it was kinda like fighting a dragon that happens to use the sword that could kill it (and everything else).  Not easy.

I've no idea how long it lasted.  Probably only a few minutes, but it felt like hours.  But there was fire and blades and gunshots (most fired by me into the air, I don't trust my aim with guns) and blood and a blinding flash and a loud boom and I went flying off the side of the mountain.  I thought I saw another person or two, but that's purely guesswork as I was immediately in the trees and unable to see out of them.  I slammed into pretty much everything on my descent, which was only stopped by a freaking river that I had to hop out of asap because the water starts hurting after a while.  I don't think it's as bad as the other Chosen since I don't think my Sickness is too advanced and I haven't been Session'd, but it's enough and I'd rather not be Mist, thanks.  (Vadiir told me all about the Chosen and water since we're totally bros now.)  I dragged myself out and started running as best as I could with my injuries.  I ran until I passed out.

I woke on the roadside and have been walking (more like limping) along it, occasionally hitchhiking, trying to find somewhere to lay low (check) and trying to find my companions.  Nein tweeted earlier, so I think she's alright, but she never got back to me...and I've no idea about my grandpa...so I'm kinda stuck here until I get a lead.  If you've got any ideas to offer, now would be the time.

By the way, I'm not in France anymore.  Just thought I'd let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment